Why Choose 279Online
Innovation, Creativity, Opportunity
279Online is a full-time online comprehensive school choice option for students in kindergarten through grade 12. Transformational and responsive learning experiences that include both live instruction and independent work meet the evolving needs of our scholars and families.
"Online learning was a great opportunity to have my child engage in his academic studies in our home this year. I am happy I had access to his assignments online and I was able to view the material clearly in Seesaw. I also liked having more flexibility to have my son finish his work at home at his own pace." - Paola Morantes-Villalobos, 279Online parent
Opportunities to expand learning
At 279Online, our experienced staff create opportunities for scholars to dive deeper into their education. At its core, 279Online provides:
Innovation: Scholar-driven learning experiences that amplify scholar voice and high expectations.
Creativity: Digital learning experiences that go beyond the traditional in-person school experience.
Opportunity: Local and global partnerships that develop talent and broaden perspectives.
Supporting the needs of scholars
The Osseo Area Schools commitment to equitable scholar achievement is key to 279Online.
Each student in 279Online has access to:
- A variety of elective offerings at the secondary level in areas including art, music (band, choir, & orchestra), technology education, physical education, family and consumer sciences, business, Advanced Placement, and foreign languages.
- Extracurricular activities and athletics offered by the district's three comprehensive high schools.
- A personalized learning device provided by the school district (iPads for grades K-3, Chromebooks for grades 4-12).
- Academic, social-emotional and behavioral support from counselors and dedicated staff that support the needs of every student.
Our staff work to achieve the dreams of our scholars
279Online employees are mission-driven and focused on helping all students develop the confidence, courage and competence to make their dreams a reality.
Check out a few highlights from some of our excellent 279Online leaders and educators:
Principal Kristen Hauge
Kristen is a leader committed to transforming the educational experience for scholars underserved by traditional systems.
- One of ten U.S. administrators to receive the Fulbright- Leaders for Global Schools Award in 2020
- Led the OALC to a Highly Effective Schools Accreditation and recognition as a 2021 Sustaining Exemplar PBIS School
Hmong Educator Pang Yang
Pang brings the community into the classroom to enrich each scholar's unique learning experience.
- Received the Minnesota Teacher of the Year award from the Minnesota Council on the Teaching of Languages and Cultures in 2019.
Minnesota Teacher of the Year Candidates
- Social Studies educator Jess Stewart, 2021 Finalist
- Elementary educator Lucas Staker, 2019 Semifinalist