If you want to join efforts in advocating on behalf of Osseo Area Schools students and students across Minnesota with state and federal legislators, apply to be a member of the newly formed 2022-23 Osseo Area Schools Legislative Action Committee (LAC)! All interested parents, community members and high school students who live or are enrolled in the district are encouraged to apply.
The Osseo Area Schools LAC assists the Osseo School Board in advocacy for education-related legislation. The LAC coordinates these advocacy efforts throughout the school district by developing, proposing, and advocating for legislative platforms designed to advance the district’s mission, vision, core values and strategic directives in Osseo Area Schools and Minnesota.
- two School Board members
- up to eight community members
- executive director of finance and operations
- district general counsel
- director of community relations
- legislative liaison
- up to four students
Meetings will be held once per month (additional meetings scheduled as needed) at the Educational Service Center, 11200 93rd Avenue North, Maple Grove, MN; start time of 6:30 p.m.
The LAC will work closely with the following metro districts who also have Legislative Action Committees/Coalitions: Wayzata, Edina, Orono, Hopkins, and Robbinsdale.
A Legislative Breakfast is held in January of each year to present the State Legislative Platform for Public Education.
The LAC will have information updated regularly on Osseo Area Schools’ website.
How to apply:
1) Fill out the 2022-23 Legislative Action Member Application. Deadline to apply is Friday, October 14, 2022
2) Applications will be reviewed, and individuals will be notified if they have been chosen for the 2022-2023 LAC by Monday, October 19, 2022. The LAC will be announced to the broader community the week of October 19.
ISD 279 Legislative Action Committee Bylaws
ISD 279 Legislative Action Committee Description
For additional information or questions, please contact John Morstad, Executive Director of Finance and Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-391-7014.