Get out and vote! Our Osseo Area Schools community is determining the long-term direction of school safety, learning and technology - TOMORROW! You can vote until 5 p.m. today, Nov. 7, or between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m., tomorrow, Nov. 8. Visit the “How Do I Vote” section at district279.org/BetterFuture for early voting locations today. Go to MNvotes.org to find your election day voting location for tomorrow.
Get informed! Remember, you’ll see the two school funding questions near the end of your ballot:
- Question 1 focuses on learning: Continue day-to-day learning operations and enhance:
- Individualized learning
- Academic interventions
- Scholar mental health needs
- Other critical classroom supports
- Question 2 focuses on technology: Continue classroom learning technology, infrastructure systems and support staff. Additionally prioritize:
- School safety and security
- Tools for all scholars
- Digital learning spaces
If both requests are approved by voters, the tax impact on the average homeowner ($250,000 value home) would be $9 per month. Visit district279.org/BetterFuture to calculate the specifics for your residence or property.
So what happens if the referendum fails? If questions one and two aren’t approved by voters, $5 million would need to be cut in the 2023-24 school year and then $49 million (450 staff members cut) in the 2024-25 school year. Results: insufficient safety/security, increased class sizes and diminished academic support to name a few. Learn more by reading this FAQ answer or viewing this one minute video.
For additional referendum information watch the four minute overview video, visit district279.org/BetterFuture, email BetterFuture@district279.org or call 763-391-8990.
Thank you for all you’ve done to be informed on the Building a Better Future referendum and to share this information with family, friends and neighbors. One additional way you can help to inform community members is to reshare the district’s social media posts through Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram today and tomorrow.
Tomorrow’s final election results will be shared at district279.org/BetterFuture.
- Find early voting location for today, Nov. 7 (under How Do I Vote section)
- Find your election day voting location for tomorrow, Nov. 8
- Watch the overview video
- Learn about question 1
- Learn about question 2
- Learn about what happens if the referendum fails
- Calculate your tax impact
- Connect to ask a question