“Digital learning” (using technology to accelerate student learning) is a critical component of our school district’s work to ensure equitable student achievement and to help all students achieve our mission.
- Digital learning is essential today to prepare students to thrive in post secondary education, the workplace and our digital world.
- Digital tools and resources help teachers transform instruction from a focus on content delivery by teachers to more engaged, personalized and self-directed learning by students.
- Technology enables students to have equitable access to content and learning opportunities, and allows for anytime, anywhere learning.
- Technology helps personalize student learning. Digital systems provide immediate information about student needs, interests, and performance, allowing teachers to individualize instruction.
- Technology tools and resources help students develop 21st century skills by enhancing communication among students, teachers and parents; inspiring collaboration within and beyond the classroom; and promoting student-centered learning environments where students are motivated to direct their own learning, think critically, and apply their learning in creative ways.
A robust digital learning plan will drive our work. We will…
- Use technology in new ways to increase equitable student achievement.
- Transform teaching by providing staff technology resources and professional development.
- Create the conditions, expectations and support for change while maximizing use of current technology.
- Provide students access to digital learning tools and resources to enable anytime, anywhere learning.
- Increase personalized and flexible learning opportunities including online, blended and classroom instructional delivery models.
- Teach students to be responsible digital citizens.